First Nation Lands

Emerald Lake near Carcross
Emerald Lake near Carcross

Film and television productions, as well as their employees and clients, need to know that Yukon land claim agreements have resulted in major changes in land ownership and management in the Yukon.

Yukon First Nation Final Agreements contain provisions that address commercial activities on First Nation-owned lands (“Settlement Lands”). A contact list for Yukon First Nations is included in this production guide for your convenience

Please contact Yukon First Nations for permission to film on lands they own; it is also suggested that First Nations be notified as a courtesy prior to filming on Crown Lands within a First Nation’s Traditional Territory.

If you are unsure whether the location you have selected is on First Nation Settlement Land or Crown Land, please contact either the Yukon Government Lands Branch (a land use permit may be required) or the appropriate First Nation (See map at Additional details and information are also available from

Aboriginal Relations
Yukon Territorial Government
Box 2703
Whitehorse, Yukon
Canada Y1A 2C6

Phone: (867) 667-5035
Fax: (867) 667-3599



Yukon First Nations Contact List105.43 KB